Joint funding by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport is providing Cranborne First School with a total of £17,034 for 2018-2019.
The provision of the additional Sport Funding from the Department for Education has allowed us to provide internal specialist sports and PE coaching. This has enabled us to improve both the quality and continuity of our PE curriculum, facilitating skills to be established, built upon and developed throughout the school.
During the academic year 2018-2019 some of our key achievements have been;
- Increased opportunities for all children to engage in team
games and sports through whole school Activity Days
- Enhanced engagement and physical activity in maths learning
during lessons by using Maths of the Day resource
- Improved access to sports for all children during early morning
club and at lunchtime by using skilled teaching assistants and
purchasing new badminton nets and rackets
- Continued involvement in competitive sport in football, netball ,
rugby and rounders with more schools, including a new girls’
- Marked improvement in healthy eating for children and staff by
installing new kitchen and cooking healthy food on site