In formulating our ethos we have considered the tradition of church schools, remembering the foundation of Christian faith that informs them, and wanting to convey that our faith is real and communicated in word and action.
We nurture every child and family in our school community and encourage our children to develop Christian values of love, friendship and respect for all around them. We inspire their curiosity and support their learning to prepare them for their future.
Our values translate into these behaviours:
- Providing a safe environment, where every individual is valued and empowered and where achievement is celebrated
- Creating a learning environment, with a broad and balanced curriculum, within which our children can achieve and can excel
- Enabling each child to realise his or her full potential
- Fostering in staff and pupils a caring and responsible attitude and a respect for others and the world in which we live
- Developing self-esteem and self-discipline in each member of our school community
- Forging partnerships with parents and the wider community
- Offering every opportunity for children and adults to experience joy and wonder within the context of our village and its surrounding area
- Building understanding, tolerance and respect for all by providing opportunities to experience other cultures
- Looking back, looking around, looking forward, all in the light of the Lord.
All of this is summarised in our motto:
Cherish All, Learn Together, and Fly